Duties and Responsibilities
● Attend all Council meetings.
● In consultation with the SOO - Greater Durham Community Council, recruit a team of fund raisers from within the community to form sub committees as needed.
● Source new fundraising opportunities.
● Liaise with the Public Relations Coordinator to organize and promote community fundraising events such as Durham Regional Police Law Enforcement Torch Run, Polar Plunge, Staples, Sobeys etc
● In conjunction with the Council Treasurer and the fundraising committee, develop a fundraising plan to adequately meet the financial needs of your community
● Act as a resource to community fundraising representatives in all areas pertaining to fundraising, including Special Olympics Ontario provincial fundraising initiatives.
● Develop strategies and resources to enable the goals in your fundraising plan to be met (i.e. grant applications, in kind donations, service club solicitations, etc.)
● Act as a liaison between the provincial and community levels of Special Olympics Ontario on all matters pertaining to fundraising.
● Explain and present resource material on fundraising to your committee members.
● Monitor fundraising initiatives within the community to ensure that policies are followed and a positive image is portrayed.
● Report to the Council on behalf of the committee.
● Review and be familiar with sections 1,2,3,4,6,13,16 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
● Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided, if applicable
● Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new Fundraising Coordinator.