Duties and Responsibilities
● Attend all Council meetings.
● Record and transcribe all minutes of Community Council and Executive meetings.
● Distribute minutes and other relevant information as required to the Council members in advance of each meeting.
● Forward a copy of all approved minutes to the Provincial Staff Representative.
● Maintain files of minutes, correspondence etc., on the community’s behalf.
● Book meeting rooms and arrange for refreshments if necessary.
● Correspond with Community volunteers, the Provincial office and others as required on behalf of the community
● Responsible for checking GDSO email firstname.lastname@example.org once per week and forward questions/inquiries/information to appropriate Council members
● Act as one of the signing authorities within the Community.
● Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new secretary.
● Review and be familiar with sections 1,3,6,13 and 18 on the S.O.O. information portal.
● Maintain the Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided to you if applicable.